- 1 quantity of pizza dough
- 100g of kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp brown sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- 2 balls of mozzarella (about 125g each), thinly sliced
- Make the pizza dough as per the other recipe.
- Light your barbecue.
- In a saucepan combine the kale, brown sauce and sugar.
- Heat the kale mixture over a low to medium heat until it reduces down nicely. You might want to add a spoon or two of water to start with, but it should take about 10 minutes to reduce down to a thick sticky sauce.
- Mash up the kale mixture with a fork so that it's a spreadable sauce.
- Split the pizza dough into two balls and roll each one out on some boards or baking trays (to make transferring them to the barbecue easier).
- Slide one of the rolled out pizza bases onto your barbecue and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then turn the pizza base over.
- Before covering the base again, spread half of the kale over the top of it and then add on half the slices of cheese.
- Put the lid back on the barbecue and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the barbecue and repeat the process with the other pizza base.
- Cut up the pizza, serve and enjoy.