- 1 leek, washed and finely chopped
- 3 tsp sunflower oil
- 6 carrots, washed, ends removed and grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Fry the leek in a tsp of sunflower oil in a large frying pan until soft. Keep the pan around, as you're going to use it again soon.
- Put the leek in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Put the remaining oil in the frying pan and heat it up over a medium heat.
- Use your hands to form the carrot mixture into about 6 to 8 burger shaped pieces. Squeeze them with your hands to make sure they are compressed together.
- Fry for about 7 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
- Serve with some ketchup on the side.