- 600g Gruyère cheese, coarsely grated
- 600g strong cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons cornflour (aka. cornstarch)
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 450ml dry white wine
- Switch the slow cooker onto low.
- Add the cheese, garlic, cornflour, nutmeg and powder into the slow cooker and mix around well.
- Add the wine and stir again.
- Leave for a 2 hours on low, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Once it is all melted and smooth turn the slow cooker down to warm and serve with vegetables and bread. Feel free to choose your own things to dip but here are some ideas:
- crusty bread
- croutons (bake cubes of bread in an oven at 120 degrees for about 20 to 30 minutes).
- carrot sticks
- celery sticks
- chunks of raw broccoli
- chunks of raw cauliflower