- 150g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 75g margarine or butter (margarine is better, but make sure it's about 60% fat)
- 100g crunchy peanut butter (smooth works, but I prefer the texture from crunchy)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- about 50g of granulated light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees (180 degrees if it's a fan oven).
- Put a greased baking sheet on a large baking tray.
- Mix all the ingredients apart from the light brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until a consistent dough forms.
- Take walnut-sized balls of the dough, roll them in the light brown sugar before placing on the baking sheet.
- Use a fork to gently press the cookies down to a flatter shape. Be sure to leave a centimetre or two between them.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, or until they go slightly darker.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Makes 12 to 14 cookies.