- 100ml lemon juice
- 50ml lime juice
- 100ml chicken stock or hot water with a generous pinch of salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 large chicken breasts (650g)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker, taking care that they don't fall apart too much, and place on a baking tray with sides.
- Preheat a grill on medium-high.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Pour 80ml of the cooking liquid from the slow cooker over the chicken and mix well.
- Put under the grill for 5 or 6 minutes, or until it starts to look well browned in parts.
- Add another 80ml of the cooking fluid and stir the meat around on the baking tray, trying to get all the non-browned pieces to be on top.
- Grill for a further 5 or 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl from the baking tray and serve.
Serves 3 or 4, depending on what else you serve with the meat.