- Enough blackberries to fill a jar with a tight fitting lid
- Some caster sugar
- A bottle of cheap blended whisky
- Wash the blackberries and make sure that any bugs or green bits of plant are removed.
- Dry the blackberries with a paper towel and place two thirds of them into the jar.
- Pour caster sugar over the blackberries in the jar until they are mostly covered.
- Shake the jar a bit and then place in the remaining blackberries.
- Fill the jar to the top with whisky.
- Place a lid on the jar and shake well.
- Shake the jar every morning until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Place in the back of a dark cupboard and leave for 6 months.
- Use to warm yourself on a cold February night.