- 3 courgettes, about 500g, coarsely grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp self raising flour
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Mix the courgettes, garlic and flour in a large bowl until it's all the same texture.
- Season the mixture well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- When the oil stars to smoke, take the courgette mixture a tablespoon at a time and drop it into the pan before pressing it down flat into a patty shape.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side until nice and crispy.
- Remove from the frying pan and leave to cool on some kitchen paper while you cook the other fritters.
- Serve with cremé fraiche, mustard or a tomato salsa.
Serves about 2.