- 1 large cauliflower, peeled about 1.6kg
- 300ml water
- 1 egg, beaten in a cup
- 80g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 100g tomato pureé
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 200g grated Mozzarella
- Blend the cauliflower to a paste in a blender. You'll need to do it in two or three batches.
- Put the cauliflower into a pan and add the water.
- Simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes. Stirring every 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celsius.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool for ten minutes.
- Use a muslin cloth or tea towel to squeeze as much water out of the cauliflower as possible.
- Mix the with egg and parmesan into the cauliflower.
- Put a sheet of greaseproof paper onto a large baking tray.
- Use cling film to roll out the cauliflower mixture into a pizza shape.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the oven, or until it starts to brown.
- Mix the tomato with the oregano and garlic and then spread over the top of the baked pizza base.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a leaf or potato salad, but delicious when cold.