- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 200g brown basmati rice
- 660ml cold water
- Put the onion, oil, cumin and coriander seeds into a saucepan and fry over a medium heat until the onions are soft.
- Add the rice and cold water and put a lid on the pan.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer on a really low heat for twenty minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve as soon as possible, but it can keep warm for a few minutes if necessary.