- 125g bacon lardons
- 250g minced pork
- 200g chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tsp all spice
- a generous pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp of dried sage
- Hot water pastry made with 400g flour, 140g lard and 155ml water
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Put the water on for the pastry.
- Fry the lardons over a medium heat until they just start to brown, stirring every minute or so to ensure even cooking.
- Tip the lardons into a mixing bowl and add the minced pork, chicken and spices. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Line the pie dish(es) with the three quarters of the pastry.
- Fill the pastry with the filling and then use the remaining pastry to make a lid.
- Puncture holes in the lid after attaching it to the base with a bit of pressure between your fingers.
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours.
- 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time you can optionally brush some milk onto the top of the pie to give it a good brown colour.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes enough filling for two 10cm pie tins or a single 14cm tin, serving about 5 people.