- One quantity of bao dough
- 500g cooked pork, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, washed and finely sliced
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp Chinese five space
- 5 tsp hoisin sauce
- a pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients (other than the dough) together in a large bowl and let it rest at room temperature.
- Make the dough.
- Form the boa, taking care not to over fill them and don't let the filling dirty the very edge of the pastry when you pinch it together at the top (if it does get dirty then it won't stick as well).
- Place on baking parchment and steam to 10 to 12 minutes.
Fills 28 to 30 bao.