- 1 kg of courgette, about 6 'normal' courgettes, sliced into 1cm slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed with a garlic press
- 2 tsp of capers, without liquid
- 100g of feta cheese, finely chopped or crumbled
- Put the courgette slices into a large bowl, drizzle over the olive oil and toss around until they are evenly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper while you heat up a griddle, barbecue or frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- Lay the slices into the pan and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. You want to get a nice char on them for added flavour. Unless you have a large pan, you'll probably end up needing to do two or three batches.
- Return the cooked slices to the large bowl and pour over the lemon juice and garlic. Mix well so that everything has a good coating.
- Cover and place in the fridge until you're ready to eat it.
- Just before serving, top with a sprinkle of the capers and cheese, give it a bit of a stir.
Makes about 4 to 6 servings.