- 600g slab of cured pork belly, sliced into 1cm slices
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, washed and thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Cook the slices of pork belly for about 10 minutes on each side: you want to develop a nice colour so you might need to press them down with the back of a fish slice after a few minutes in the pan.
- While the pork belly is cooking, mix the ketchup, chilli sauce and soy sauce in a bowl until it's a uniform consistency.
- Place the browned pork belly onto a place, sprinkle over the sliced spring onions and then drizzle the sauce over the top.
- Serve with plain rice and some green leaves, such as lettice (the crispness of the leaves goes well with the rich belly).