- 450g potatoes, sliced into 1/4 cm slices
- 400g courgette (about 3 normal sized), sliced into 1/4 cm slices
- 1 onion, peeled, quarter and cut into 1/4 cm slices
- 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 35ml cold water
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 65 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (or 180 degrees if a fan oven)
- Mix the potato, courgette and onion into a large baking dish or high walled roasting tin.
- Mix the tomatoes, water, puree, parsley, oil and salt and pepper in a jug until they are blended.
- Pour the tomato mixtue over the vegetables.
- Cover the dish with foil and fold it over the edges.
- Roast in the oven for about an hour before removing the foil and giving it a good stir.
- Return to the oven uncovered for a further 30 minutes, adding a dash of water if it's dried out.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving (or serve cold), possibly with a bit of feta cheese crumbled over the top.
Serves about 3 people as a main course, more as a side dish.