- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 25g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 250g frozen spinach
- 100ml double cream
- 1/2 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter, onion and garlic in a saucepan over a medium heat until the onion starts to soften. This should be about 10 minutes.
- Add the frozen spinach and put a lid over the saucepan. Leave to heat through for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir well. Keep stirring every couple of minutes until most of the water has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Right before you're ready to serve, add the cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Leave to heat through and then pour into a pre-heated serving bowl.