- 500g courgette (about 3 normal supermarket sized ones), sliced into long slices about 3/4 cm thick
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Pre-heat the water bath to 83 degrees Celsius.
- Place the courgettes into a plastic zip-lock bag.
- Mix the garlic powder, miso paste and soy sauce into a smooth paste in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the plastic bag and work it into the courgettes using your hands on the outside.
- Space the courgette slices evenly in the bag and then use the water submersion method to squeeze out the air before sealing the top just above the water line.
- Place in the sous-vide cooker for 40 to 60 minutes.
- When you're ready to serve, remove from the water bath and pour the liquid in the bag into a small sauce pan.
- Simmer the liquid for a couple of minutes while you plate up the slices of courgette.
- Use a brush to cover the slices with the cooking liquid once it has reduced down.