- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 160g bacon lardons
- 250g dried green lentils
- 425g frozen spinach
- 600ml cold water
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 pot of chicken stock gel (or a stock cube)
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- Put the sunflower oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- Fry the bacon until it starts to brown, stirring frequently to get an even coat of colour.
- Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker, season generously with salt and pepper before giving it a good stir.
- Cook on low for 9 hours.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of cheese.
Serves two as a main course.