- 3 Romano peppers (the red long thin sweet peppers)
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 spicy red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 390g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 600g tomatoes, finely chopped
- 150ml white wine
- 50g parsley, finely chopped
- 180g cooked king prawns with shells on
- 125g feta cheese, finely chopped
- Use a blow torch, grill on high or gas hob to blacken the outside of the peppers and place in a sealed plastic bag to steam in their warmth.
- Put the onion and oil in a large pan and soften over a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Place the garlic, spicy pepper, tinned tomatoes, white wine and chopped tomatoes into the pan containing the onions.
- Simmer the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Peel the blackened skin off the peppers and chop into 1cm pieces before adding to the tomato mixture.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add half the parsley, stir and then scatter the prawns over the top and place a lid over it.
- Leave to heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, garnish with the rest of the parsley and the feta cheese and serve immediately.
- Provide some white and crusty bread on the side to mop up the juices.