- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp sumac
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp salt
- 800g lamb shoulder
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- Mix the garlic, lemon, oil, cumin, paprika, sumac, cinnamon and salt in a bowl until it's a smooth paste.
- Use a sharp knife to score the outside of the lamb shoulder.
- Rub the paste over both sides of the lamb shoulder and leave to marinade in the fridge overnight.
- Put the chopped onion into the bottom of the slow cooker with 100ml of water. Rest the lamb shoulder on top.
- Cook on low for 10 hours.
- Carefully remove from the slow cooked and shred with a fork before serving.
Serves about 3.