- 3 leeks, outer layer and ends removed, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g ready made puff pastry, either in a block or pre-rolled into a sheet
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 rashers of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 125g Emmental cheese, finely grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (reduce by 15 degrees if a fan oven).
- Put the leeks and olive oil in a large frying pan and fry over a medium heat until they start to soften.
- Lay/roll the puff pastry out onto a baking tray.
- Spread the cream cheese around on the surface of the puff pastry, keeping about an inch at the edge free.
- Put the leeks over the cream cheese, followed by the bacon piece and then finally the cheese.
- Fold up the edges of the pastry so that they overlap the filling at the edges.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with a fresh tomato or leaf salad.
Serves 3 to 4.