- 180g butter at room temperature
- 180g caster sugar
- 180g self-raising flour
- 5 tbsp milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 36 whole raspberries (about 150g)
- 125g butter at room temperature
- 1 tbsp milk
- 4 drops of red food colouring
- 250g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put 12 muffin cases into a muffin tin.
- Cream 180g of the butter with the caster sugar in a large mixing bowl until it's smooth.
- Add the flour, 5 tbsp of milk, eggs and vanilla essence and mix unto a smooth mixture.
- Put a little under a tablespoon of mixture into each paper case.
- Place three raspberries in the middle of each dollop of mixture.
- Put another almost tablespoon of mixture on top of the raspberries.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- In a fresh mixing bowl mix 125g of butter, 1 tbsp of milk, the red food colouring and the icing sugar until a smooth paste.
- Use a piping bag to pipe the icing onto each of the cupcakes.
Makes 12 cupcakes.