- 65g butter
- 3 eggs
- 30g caster sugar
- 4g salt
- 35ml milk
- 105g flour
- Put the butter in a small saucepan and melt over a low heat.
- Simmer the butter for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. This will cook the proteins a bit, giving them a nutty flavour.
- Allow the butter to cool.
- Mix the other ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then add the butter.
- Whisk well and then pour into a 0.5 litre whipping siphon.
- Charge the whipping siphon with once charge of nitrous oxide and shake well.
- Chill the whipping siphon in a fridge.
- When ready to serve, put three holes in the bottom of a plastic or paper cup with the sharp point of a knife.
- Fill the cup one third full with batter from the whipping siphon.
- Microwave for 40 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave. Count to ten and then turn the cups upside down over a plate to remove the cake.
- Enjoy with a fruit coulis or on its own.
Makes 20 cups worth of cake (which is a phrase I never knew that I'd ever write).