- 1.5 litre chicken stock
- 6 tbsp coconut milk powder
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp sugar
- 150g mushroom duxelles, or cook one by frying the following until they start to brown:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 400g cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 30g fresh rocket
- 3 or 4 blocks of rice vermicelli noodles
- Put everything other than the chicken, rocket and vermicelli into a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Stir well until everything is dissolved.
- Place a bit of rocket in your serving bowls and a block of vermicelli on top of it.
- Add the chicken and let it heat through. You can tell this by when the soup starts to boil again.
- Ladle the soup and chicken into the bowls.
- Wait for 3 minutes for the noodles to cook in the soup before serving.
Serves 3 to 4.