- 300ml double cream
- 225g jar of diced stem ginger, drained but keep the liquid
- 285g Maderia cake, sliced into 4 thick slices
- Line a 1 lb loaf tin with cling film.
- Whip the double cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Stir in the drained diced ginger into the cream and mix well.
- Place a slice of Maderia cake in the bottom of use a third of one of the other slices to fill in the gaps.
- Drizzle half of the ginger liquid over the Maderia cake in the loaf tin.
- Spread half the whipped cream over the cake.
- Add another slice of cake and fill in the gaps with another third of another slice.
- Drizzle the remaining liquid over this latest layer.
- Spread the remaining cream over the slices.
- Top with the remaining pieces of cake.
- Fold over the trailing edges of cling film and place in the freezer for at least four hours.
- Remove from the freezer half an hour before you want to serve it.
- Slice into half inch slices and serve.