- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 500g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pot of chicken stock gel
- 3 tbsp of dried tarragon
- 1 whole chicken, about 1.2kg
- 3 slices of prosciutto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Fry the onion in the 1 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan until soft.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, chicken stock and tarragon into the sauce pan.
- Put a lid on the pan and cook over a low heat until it develops a good colour: about 30 minutes.
- While the stuffing cooks, remove all the bones from the chicken apart from the last gone of the wing and the last bone in the leg. There are many guides available.
- Taste the mushroom filling and season with pepper and salt as necessary. Remove the lid and let any liquid from the mushrooms evaporate.
- Spread out the deboned chicken and line the inside with the slices of prosciutto.
- Put the mushroom filling onto the prosciutto: depending on the size of the chicken you probably won't need all of it.
- Pull the edges of the skin together over the filling and place in a roasting tin, seem side down.
- Rub some olive oil over the skin of the chicken and season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Roast in the oven for one hour and ten minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for twenty minutes before slicing and serving.