- 50 pitted black olives, about 160g (or 350g in liquid)
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 50g cream cheese
- 25 cocktail sticks
- Cut a small wedge out of the front of half of the olives.
- Slice the carrot into 25 slices about 3mm thick. Cut a narrow wedge (for the beak) out of each slice.
- Fill the olives that have had the wedge cut out with cream cheese. Use a paper towel to wipe off any cheese that gets on the outside of the olive.
- Put one of the beak wedges of carrots in the end of an olive and put the olive on to a cocktail stick.
- Add one of the cheese filled olives and then finally a slice of carrots for the feet.
- Chill in a fridge until they are ready to serve to stop the cheese melting out of the belly.
Makes 25 canapés.