This pie is a great way of using up any vegetables you have left over that need using. Experiment with which vegetables you use.
- 10g butter
- 3 courgettes, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, washed and thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, washed and chopped
- 8 teaspoons of instant vegetable gravy
- 1 roll of ready made puff pastry
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees and grease a large dish (should be able to hold 1 to 2 liters) for the pie.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan or wok.
- Put the vegetables in the frying pan and fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the vegetable gravy and add 500ml of water.
- Simmer the vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into the greased dish and cover with the ready made pastry. Use left over pastry to decorate the pie and piece the pastry with a knife tip.
- Cook in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.