I recently discovered the wonders of steaming; it's a really healthy and interesting way to get wonderful flavoursome vegetables. This is a quick and easy dish which tastes fantastic.
- 2 green peppers, cut into 16ths
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 beetroots, cut into couple of cm cubes
- 10g butter
- 300g cous-cous
- 600ml vegetable stock, boiling
- Place the peppers, cauliflower and beetroot into a steamer and steam for 30 minutes once it's got up to temperature.
- Mix the butter, cous-cous and stock together.
- Wait for 5 minutes while the cous-cous cooks in the warm stock. Once it's cooked stir it with a fork to fluff it up.
- Serve with freshly milled black pepper as soon as the vegetables are steamed.