- 3 large leeks, washed and finely sliced (remove the dark green end and cut off the roots as well)
- 20g butter
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 125g vegetarian suet
- 250g self-raising flour
- 4 tablespoons of water (more if necessary)
- Put the leeks and butter into a deep pan and heat on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- While simmering, mix the suet, flour and water with a knife until a dough starts to form.
- Kneed the dough with your hands and then roll into 6 equal sized balls.
- Place the dough balls in the stew and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.