This is a lovely quick soup which goes very well as a starter. It's not nearly as bland as you would imagine.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 sticks of celery, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- half a cabbage, roughly sliced
- 200g dried tofu sticks (available from Asian supermarkets)
- 1000ml vegetable stock (or 3 oxo cubes in boiling water)
- Fry the onion and celery in the oil until they start to go soft. Use a big enough pan to put all the soup in.
- Add the cabbage, tofu and stock to the pan.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 6 as a starter.