- 1 quantity of pizza dough made as in here
- 200g green lentils
- 100g spinach, washed
- 400ml water
- 200g block of mozzarella cheese, divided into quarters and sliced
- Make the pizza dough as in the other recipe.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Place the lentils and water in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and then add the spinach.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes until the spinach has cooked down nicely.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the dough into four and roll out one of the quarters.
- Place a quarter of the lentil and spinach mix in the center of the rolled out dough.
- Place a quarter of the cheese on top of the lentil mix.
- Carefully use a finger dipped into a cup of water to make the edge of the dough wet. Then fold the dough over so the damp edges touch and press firmly to stick them together.
- Place the calzone on an oven tray and repeat for the remaining three.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with some tomato salsa on the side.