- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 small or 2 medium beetroots, peeled and grated
- 75g cous-cous
- 250ml hot vegetable stock (or boiling water and stock powder)
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled into pieces
- Fry the onion and grated beetroot in a frying pan with the oil over a medium heat. It should take between 5 and 10 minutes for the onion to soften.
- While that fries, mix the cous-cous with the hot stock and wait for it to soak it up. You can speed this up by putting it in the microwave for a minute.
- Fluff up the cous-cous with a fork once it's absorbed all the water.
- Put the cous-cous onto a plate, followed by the beetroot mixture and then top with the crumbled feta cheese.