- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 small dried chilis, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 4 tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tin chick peas
- 1 tin kidney beans
- Fry the onion, garlic and chilis in the sunflower oil until they start to brown.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and 300ml of water.
- Simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread on the side.