- 4 onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 chilli, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large turnip, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 stock cubes
- 750ml boiling water
- 100g ground almonds
- 150ml plain yoghurt
- Put the onions, turmeric, coriander, curry powder, chilli, water and oil in a blender. Blend until it forms a smooth paste. This will take a minute or two and you'll probably need to keep on stopping to mix it up manually.
- Put the onion paste in a large sauce pan and fry over a medium heat for a couple of minutes, stiring constantly.
- Add the turnip, potatoes, stock cubes and boiling water to the saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Boil with the lid off for 20 minutes, or until the turnip has started to go soft.
- Mix up the almond and yoghurt in a mixing jug.
- Stir in the almond and yoghurt mixture just before serving.
- Serve with rice, naan bread or both.
Serves 3 to 4.