- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 heaped tsp chilli powder
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 150ml fresh water
- 1 tin of chick peas, drained
- Add the onions, oil and chilli powder to a large sauce pan and fry over a medium heat until the onion starts to soften.
- Add all the other ingredients apart from the chick peas to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes or so to stop it burning or sticking.
- Add the chick peas and stir in.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes and then serve.