- 6 whole figs, sliced in half, stalks removed
- 12 tsp of caster sugar
- 3 generous scoops of creamy vanilla ice cream
- Remove the figs from the fridge at least an hour before serving.
- Place the fig halves, cut side up, on a flame proof surface and sprinkle each half with most of a tsp of sugar.
- Use a blow torch to carefully caramellize the sugar on top of each fig, working away from yourself from nearest to furthest.
- Place 4 halves on a chilled plate with a scoop of ice cream.
- Serve with a knife and fork to eat.