A great way to use up leftover risotto and looks fantastic.
- 400g of left over beetroot risotto
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 150g blue cheese, like Danish blue, cut into 8 cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 a cabbage, washed and shredded
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 25g butter
- 25ml gin
- Mix the 2 eggs and cornflour into the leftover risotto in a large bowl.
- Wrap 1/8th of the risotto mix around a cube of the cheese and use your hands to form it into a ball.
- Repeat with the remaining risotto.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on low heat.
- In a different frying pan place the butter, cabbage, gin and onion and fry on a low to medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir it every-so-often to make sure it's not sticking and burning.
- Place the risotto balls into the olive oil frying pan and cook them gently, turning them every couple of minutes to make sure all sides are evenly cooked.
- It should be timed just right so that the risotto balls are nicely golden and cooked on the outside when the cabbage is done.
Serves 3 to 4.